Thursday, June 5, 2014

I Wanna Hold Your Hand

Today I am inspired by an 11 year old close to my heart who is having trouble with love. As I write that I can't help but giggle, I want to be sympathetic to his plight, I really do but as I've gotten older, I have realized how ridiculous it is to be 'dating' or 'in love' at the age of 11. I guess I really should be more sympathetic because I went through similar situations when I was that age, I was madly in love with....well I won't mention names on the off chance that someone who knows him reads this haha, but regardless I was 'in love' with someone I didn't even actually speak to face to face for 7 months of our relationship. Seven months. All we did was email back and forth, when we had classes together we would like, smile and stuff and everyone knew we were together but we never actually spoke to each other. Why is that a thing? I cringe now when I think about it, we didn't actually speak until his birthday, and then we 'broke up' right after that. My second 'boyfriend' (who is still a cool guy) and I got so far as holding hands *dramatic gasp*, I was advanced for my age. I really can't even talk about that anymore, it was ridiculous. (Fun Fact, I have a note from an 'ex' asking me if I still had feelings for another 'ex' and it was okay if I did but he would be heart broken. This specific guy also stole my first kiss with a sneak attack, it was horrible and his lips were chapped. Not okay. Oh the drama of middle school love!)

I guess the point I'm getting at is, even though I hated this rule growing up, there really isn't a point in dating before you're 16. Maybe a little earlier than 16, because let's be honest I'm a rule breaker ;) but really, there is no point. I was so overly stressed out in middle school because of a stupid boy (no offense to said boy, I'm sure you're a lovely person now) and I let it get to me in ways that no 11-13 year old should. We really aren't equipped at that age to deal with 'relationships' no matter how mature we think we are, we aren't. Heck, I know people my age who aren't mature enough to deal with them haha. That being said, hello males of the world I am single and ready to date ;P.

This is hard for me to write because this is showing myself and probably my mom that I have matured a bit. I don't want to mature because that means becoming an adult :'( haha. Even though I hate rules I do feel like I will be implementing the 'no dating until you're 16' thing when I'm a mom, except I'll probably just say until high school. I love how I'm planning my parenting and I'm not even dating anyone, let alone thinking about having a family anytime soon haha.

Moral of today's post-


Dating in your preteen years is stupid and not worth the drama. 

As a special treat on flashback friday. 7th grade Rachel #sexy

Until next time!
<3
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment