Tuesday, June 24, 2014

'F' Is For Friends Who Do Stuff Together

So in light of recent events I have been doing a lot of thinking about friends. Tomorrow a really good friend I met here in Italy is leaving me to go back home to Iceland, and I am really freaking upset about it. I am not one who trusts or makes good friends easily so when I met Lilja it was a surprise for me that I felt so comfortable so fast and that we became so close so fast. I just want to publicly thank her for putting up with my crazy emotional boy crazy nerdy and certifiably insane personality. It means a lot and I am going to have to make a trip to Iceland soon!

Throughout my lifetime I have had a handful of people come into my life that I can genuinely call friends. People who have never made me feel like crap about myself and have been there for me at my best and my worst times, people who have seen me looking like I just crawled out of a grave and haven't run away. Those are the people I consider most important to me.

When you're young you think that the more friends you have the better off you are but no, that is not the case. I had a ton of friends in elementary school and middle school and even in the beginning of high school but that didn't matter, the ones that mattered were the couple of people I kept close to me and knew I could trust completely. Those types of people are few and far between so keep them close if you are able to.

I won't name names because I will inevitably forget someone but I want I want to say thank you to those people I have been able to consider my 'best friends'. Y'all mean the world to me and without you guys I would have been a lot worse of than I was. Thank you for getting me through all my trials and suffering and for being brutally honest with me when I needed to hear it.

I might joke and say that I 'hate everyone' and while that is semi true, I could never hate the small amount of people in my life that have affected me so much. Who mean so much to me and who I will always consider the most important people in my life. This is kind of a sappy post but I want to let the world know I have a handful of amazing friends and I would never trade them in, ever.

Having good people in your life is very important, keep the people who uplift you around and say goodbye to the haters!
 Until next time!
<3
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment