Wednesday, December 17, 2014

World Traveler

Mantova

The one thing I have been super super SUPER excited about for the last 6 or so months is, my mom coming in January. Yes, you read that correctly, my mama and her best friend Sister Price will be joining me in Europe for two weeks! It is getting closer and closer to that time and I am really freaking excited, so excited in fact, I created an itinerary and a spreadsheet of all the estimated costs. We will be starting in Roma, then heading over to Pompeii and Napoli! From there we will head to Firenze and Pisa and then go back to the Mantova area (where I live), there we will spend the day with my host mom as she shows us around. From there we will head to Verona and Venezia and then finally Milano! Then, the part I think my mom is most excited for, we will get on a train and head to Paris!
Milan

The Italian places I am not that nervous about because I have a decent knowledge of the language and can communicate, France on the other hand, not so much. Once in choir we were singing some french song and Ms. B always had us attempt to sing with the accent to the corresponding language, well, I failed miserably at French. This girl leaned over to me, and so kindly pointed out that I sounded like I was from Iraq haha. That experience has kind of scarred me when it comes to speaking French, so, I told my mom she has to brush up on her's.
Venice


 I don't know where this post is going other than I am really excited to be able to see my mom after a year. Not only just see her but be able to travel around Italy and France with her, bonding time with my mom and one of the coolest women on the planet! I am excited to see Southern Italy, something I have yet to do, the most southern I have been is Firenze (Florence). So in about a month I will be able to hug my mom again and in about a month and a couple weeks, I will be able to see all of the beautiful faces that are still in VA and attack my siblings with lots of loving. Most importantly though, I will be able to hug my daddy again, and probably cry because I really freaking miss him. A few months after that I will get to see all of you lovely people in Utah :), something that I am pretty excited for, also! I look forward to being able to spend time with my older sister and her husband, and of course with my best friend Sara.

Until Next Time!
<3
Rachel
My family <3

No comments:

Post a Comment